Millard is a southwest Omaha suburb that was platted in 1870 by Canadian Ezra Millard. Ezra Millard, with his family, moved to Iowa from Canada. Ezra and his brother Joseph moved to Omaha in 1856. They established the Land office of Barrows, Millard and Company.
The prairie site that Millard would be birthed from was uninhabited. Only 12 miles from Omaha, the town was officially incorporated a town on September 26, 1885. Millard was annexed by Omaha in 1971, Millard today is offically a suburban area in southwest Omaha, although it still retains its separate community identity.
Every year in August the spirit of Millard is back with the return of Millard Days. The Millard Public Schools Alumni Association and the Millard Business Association host an evening during the week to welcome back former students and businesses in the Millard area.
In November of 2005, the Millard Business Association, raised funds to put the name of Millard back on the Water Tower.