Scholarship for Graduating Class of 2018
The Millard Business Community Foundation takes great pride in offering scholarships to the Graduating Class of 2018 from the four Millard area high schools. A scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded to a qualified and deserving student from each of the following high schools in Millard.
Millard North High School
Millard West High School
Millard South High School
Skutt Catholic High School
Objective: Millard Business Community Foundation’s objective is to offer this scholarship to a qualified and deserving candidate. This candidate is required to enroll and attend a 2 or 4 year College/ University.
Goal: The goal of the Millard Business Community Foundation Scholarship Program is to encourage future generations to be successful as Entrepreneurs and Business & Civic Leaders for the Millard Community and its neighbors. “Promote & Preserve Community” is a vision worthy of future generations.
1. Please complete the application form and all numbered items. (If not applicable, please indicate).
2. All information must be printed legibly or typewritten.
3. All attachments required must be submitted in the same packet.
4. All items are important in selection process and must be carefully detailed.
5. Recommendation letters must be signed and attached.
6. Essay question is limited to one page.
7. Application Deadline: February 1, 2019. Must be postmarked by deadline.
8. Review application form for accuracy and completeness.
9. Any information deemed false or invalid will be grounds for ineligibility.
Student Scholarship in the amount of $1,000 ($500 payable each semester) TO BE AWARDED TO ONE QUALIFIED WINNER AT EACH MILLARD SCHOOL *Obtain additional applications from the Counselor’s Office or at www.millardbcf.org.
For additional information on the Millard Business Community Foundation scholarship, please contact Janet Nelson at (402) 602-5868.
MILLARD BUSINESS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
1. The Millard Business Community Foundation’s (MBCF) Scholarship Application will be available to Millard School District High School Seniors, along with Skutt Catholic High School Seniors who have maintained a 2.5 grade point average or better from ninth grade through the third grading period of their senior year. The applicant must be enrolling in a 2 or 4 year college/university.
2. Completed applications are due April 1, 2016. Please send application in one packet to the address indicated on the application. Scholarship evaluators will carefully review student transcripts to ensure that the student has taken a sufficient number of academic classes to be reasonably certain of admittance to any accredited school of higher education.
3. The winning candidates will be announced at the 2016 MBA Gala on May 5, 2016. The recipients of the MILLARD BUSINESS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP will be eligible to have the scholarship check sent to the college registrar of the student’s chosen college. $500 will be sent each semester of the student’s first year of school. In order to remain eligible for this scholarship, the student must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at an accredited college or university with a 3.0 or B grade point average. In the event the student selected for this award fails to successfully complete their first semester of college in the autumn of the year the scholarship is awarded, they shall be declared ineligible, and the scholarship award shall be returned to the MILLARD BUSINESS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP fund.
4. The recipient of the MILLARD BUSINESS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP will be required to submit an official college transcript to the Millard Business Community Foundation within 30 days following each semester as evidence of successful completion of their semester of college. The transcript should be mailed to MBCF, c/o Paula Teetor, 705 S 153rd Circle, Omaha, Ne 68154.
5. The student must notify the Millard Business Community Foundation by September 1, 2016 of the college/university they will be attending.
6. Each semester of the student’s first year of college, The Millard Business Community Foundation will send a check in the amount of $500 to the registrar of the college where the student has registered. This money will be applied to the tuition charges that are applicable to that semester.
A completed packet for the Millard Business Community Foundation scholarship will include: Application Form - COMPLETED Two (2) letters of recommendation from persons who know you well Official high school transcript Achievements & awards received (copies) Photograph of the applicant (will be used for winner and media presentations at the Gala)